Listen to it like a podcast!
Learn how to set up Google Ads and Facebook Ads in conjunction to target audiences in your nearest capital city (day-trippers and overnight stayers) and visitors currently in the destination.
We use a real tourism operator’s ad account so you get to see exactly how to do it in the real world.
This training covers;
- How to think about the campaigns and audiences
- Where to find ideas for content for the ads
- How to target an audience in your nearest capital city
- How to target visitors in destination right now
- So you can drive qualified traffic to your product or service without any delay.
- You’ll come out of this course with 2 ads set up on each platform
- ….and the confidence to run your own Facebook and Google Ad campaigns.
A quick outline of what we cover in the course.
The difference between Social and Search ads, when to use each.
- Revisiting the Customer Journey, and the process your customers go through to buy
- What is the difference between Search and Social ads
- When to use each, and how to write for them
Think of your ads in these layers (Facebook and Google)
- In this lesson you’ll learn how to create ads, to what audiences, for what objective. It’s always important to start your marketing from a place of strategy, and this lesson helps you do that.
How to generate ideas for what to write in the ads
- Where to get ideas from other tourism organisations
- How to see other business page’s ads on Facebook
- How to use Google to find Google Ad ideas
Setting up your first (or next) Google Search Ad
- How you’ll create an ad account if you don’t have one
- How to set your location
- How to give Google an idea of your keywords
- Creating the ad
- Setting the budget and budget considerations
- Going live with the ad
- How you’ll tweak keywords once the ad is live
- How you’d create another ad, or duplicate an existing one inside a campaign
Setting up a Facebook Ad to a nearby major city (targeting day-trippers and overnights)
- What Facebook Business Manager is (in brief)
- How assets are organised in Facebook Business Manager
- Creating a new campaign and new audiences
- Using location targeting
- Setting up an ad
- How to create variations if you want to
How to create an ad targeting visitors in your destination
- How to set an ad up to only show to travelers
- What the display URL is (for example, in case you’re using an external booking website)
- Nice one, you made it! I hope you got heaps out of it and can start running effective ads on Facebook and Google to drive qualified traffic to your website.
'An Absolute Must-Do'; the Book.
A concise framework to build a tourism business that people love, pay more for, and rave about.