Marketing psychologist Kit Yarrow notes that customers want five things from a purchasing decision1:
- to feel more in control
- to reduce the fear of making a mistake
- to simplify the decision process
- to offer clear and immediate emotional benefits, and
- to be free of obstacles
As such, if you want more sales for your tourism business there are 5 key questions you should use to critique and continually improve the customer’s purchase experience in your business.
- How can we make the customer feel more in control?
- What guarantees or assurances can we make to reduce the customer’s fear of making a mistake?
- What information can we provide to simplify the decision-making process?
- What immediate emotional benefit will the customer feel after making a purchase, and how can we heighten, reinforce, or lengthen this?
- What obstacles are standing in the way of a customer purchasing?
1. from “Brand Flip, The: Why customers now run companies and how to profit from it (Voices That Matter)” by Neumeier Marty.